About Me

My name is Christine. I'm a visual artist, musician, traditional storyteller, DV survivor, and have been a fulltime caregiver for an individual living with various diagnoses. After my marriage, I learned how to play various instruments, started exploring various means of creative expression, worked with at-risk teens/families, volunteered with the local crisis lines, participated in starting up a family resource center, completed my BA, furthered my studies towards becoming an art therapist, managed homes for adults living with disabilities, and facilitated therapeutic music/art sessions. I was doing everything I could so my children and I could have a brighter life, present and future. My physical health, however, continued to show evidence of too many chronic stressors over many decades. This blog is about my journey in discovering peace and better health by meeting life in the most basic and, in my opinion, the most rewarding of ways - by focusing on the riches of simplicity. If you're a new visitor to my blog, you might be interested in starting here: Finding the Riches.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Juicing has become one of my favourite ways to get benefits from raw food into my body. 


But what about all that fibre left inside the juicer?  Fruit fibre has a myriad of uses, but that's a post for another day.  Usually I put vegetable fibre directly into a pot of stew or soup, or store it in the freezer. 


One day I decided to experiment and made

VEGETABLE CAKES

Tasty and so quick to make!



First, I made the juice:


Raw Carrot Juice


Raw Cabbage Juice


Raw Cucumber Juice


Total:  1/2 of a Cucumber, 2 Carrots, 1/4 of a Cabbage


Place Something Under Spout to Catch Drips.

TURN OFF AND UNPLUG YOUR JUICER.

Carefully Open Juicer.


Vegetable Pulp Inside the Juicer



Vegetable Pulp Inside the Top of the Juicer



The Pulp Already Easily Clumps Together


Scrape Pulp from Juicer into a Bowl.

Add 1 Egg.

Add Spice/Seasoning (I added Turmeric and Sea Salt).

Mix Together.


Roll into Small Balls and Flatten.

I cooked these in a cast iron pan with coconut oil.


Easy and Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!